posted 8 Apr 2011, 02:34 by Mehdi Asili   [ updated 22 Apr 2011, 17:07 ]

06 April 2011

Today UKBA have launched a new list of English language test providers . When all of the transitional arrangements have expired, this new list will replace all existing lists of English language test providers. The old list and the new list of approved English language providers are available on "Forms & Docs" page.

Transitional arrangements

For Tiers 1 and 2 of the points-based system tests that have been booked or taken with the existing lists of providers can be used in applications as long as they are received by the UK Border Agency on or before 17 May 2011. From 18 May 2011 only tests taken with providers on the new list can be used as part of applications for Tier 1 and Tier 2.

For those applying as a spouse or partner, you may use a test with an existing provider in an application received on or before the 17 July 2011. From 18 July 2011 all applications must be submitted with evidence from a provider on the new list published on the 6 April.

There are no transitional arrangements for Tier 4 of the points-based system as the UKBA are expanding the current list of providers. A test can therefore be taken with any provider on the new list from 6 April and submitted as part of an application. This means that for those who are applying for a General Student Visa under the TIER 4 category must use the providers in the NEW list.